Common Heath Ailments You Dog Might Be Facing
An important aspect of taking care of your dog is to take care of their health as well. In order to do so, you must first understand common health issues that your dog could face and their symptoms.
It is said that Dogs are a man’s best friend, they care about their humans immensely, give them unconditional love and royalty. It is only fair that we take good care of these bundles and joy, keep them away from any harm and pay regular attention to them.
Quite common in canines an ear infection could be caused due to yeast, bacteria, ear mites or other allergies.
The symptoms for an ear infection are:
- If the dog shaking his head more often than usual or keeping it tilted to one side
- An odd odor from their ear
- They scratch their ear vigorously
- The ear canal is reddened or the outer portion has swelling
RELATED :: Ear Infection in English Bulldogs
Similar to kids, dogs do not know what to and what not to eat and thus are prone to worms in their stomach. While worms like Tapeworms, roundworms, and whipworms aren’t fatal, some like the hookworms could be extremely dangerous.
The symptoms for worms are:
- Repeated diarrhea, may or may not be bloody
- Sudden change in appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Lack of energy or enthusiasm
- Their coat becomes rough and dry
- They tend to scoot their bottom
RELATED :: Types of Worms in Dog Stool
Gastric or Dietary issue
As aforementioned dogs do not pay heed to dietary restrictions, which can cause a varied variety of issues such as dietary indiscretion, toxicity, gastrointestinal blockage, among others. Notably, gastric or dietary issues could be an underline symptom of a bigger disease, so do not take them lightly.
The symptoms for Gastric or Dietary issue are:
- Frequent vomiting, notably vomiting once in a few days is fine, raise an alarm if it’s frequent
- Diarrhea, may or may not be bloody
- Loss of appetite
- Grumpiness all through the day
- Loss in weight
RELATED :: Raw Food Diet for Dogs With Kidney Failure
three weeks for one flea to multiply into 1,000s. While harmless at first, if untreated fleas could least to further infections, allergic reactions or anaemia due to blood loss.
The symptoms for flea infestation are:
- The dog scratches himself excessively, bites and licks his skin vigorously
- Sudden loss of hair
- Small black dots on your dog’s skin, also known as the flea dirt
- Hot spots
In any of the aforementioned ailment, do contact your vet. Also, ask them for precautions you can take to keep your dog healthy.
RELATED :: Easy & Fast Way to Get Rid of Fleas on Your Pets & in Your Home
You Might Also Like :: Dangerous Flea & Tick Treatments